SQL Server Database Administrator | Philadelphia, PA
The Database Administrator is responsible for technical and organizational leadership for the enterprise's database environment, including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies. The position will also be responsible for providing the Information Technology department with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the enterprise.
- Responsible for monitoring customer-facing databases and ensuring 24/7 uptime
- Responsible for identifying optimization opportunities within customer-facing databases
- Responsible for capacity management and capacity planning of database resources
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of the enterprise's database services and systems that support the various operating units of the enterprise
- Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of the enterprise's production applications, including working with the Application Development and Technical Operations departments during the design, development and implementation of applications
- Maintain and update documentation on database-related procedures and configurations
- Perform change management of database systems following the company's defined change management policies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server with a minimum of 3 years in highly transactional/OLTP environment
- Project management experience, as well as experience in system development lifecycles
- Proficiency in administering Microsoft operating systems and tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with healthcare and/or financial industry security and compliance (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, etc.) a plus
- Must have extensive enterprise level experience designing and implementing database systems
- Strong background in installation and configuration of SQL server database technology in a development and DBA capacity, including but not limited to data back-up and restore, debugging, optimizing, software patch applications, defragmenting and replacing of databases
- Data modelling skills preferred
- Strong project management requirements, gathering and analytical skills
- Strong communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "US Jobs: Requirements, Clients and Consultants" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/recruiters-r-us.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.