Here is our Direct client we are looking for Devops AWS Engineer in Washington, DC which can be filled immediately. Kindly respond to this requirement with your updated resume, contact and current location info to speed up the interview process. Please forward your resumes to Tony@affluenttek.com
Title: Devops Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Visa: GC/ USC/ H1B (NO OPT)
The Cloud, Data Center Ops and System Management (ITSSM) unit is anchored in the Cloud and Middleware Engineering (ITSCM) division. The primary programs is providing a wide range of technical infrastructure services to meet the institution's computing needs, from mid-range servers, large scale servers, and the respective system, network, and supporting software on those platforms. It provides engineering, integration, and system administration services for Server Administration, Server Security, Backup/Restore, Storage, Virtual infrastructure (on premise and in cloud) and Data Center Management.
The position is a hands-on, primarily technical position. The candidate must possess a strong technical background in one or more IT technologies, including but not limited to virtualization, system administration and/or storage solutions. The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills as the position requires constant interaction with other teams to design and build Cloud automation solutions. The candidate must possess a strong sense of curiosity, adaptability, and the drive to learn and innovate.
The position is responsible for developing, implementing and automating new systems in the Cloud as well as migrating existing applications. The position requires programming ability and strong troubleshooting skills.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Automate Cloud operations
· Design, implement and operate scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems in the Cloud
· Migrate existing on-premises workloads to the Cloud
· Select the appropriate Cloud service based on compute, data, or security requirements
· Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience
· Advanced level knowledge of Cloud Formation and JSON experience.
· Demonstrated ability to learn, adapt, drive change and innovate.
· Excellent understanding of the larger IT landscape.
· Experience and deep understanding of at least one IT area (e.g. OS, Networking, Application Development).
· Experience developing code in at least one high-level programing language and in automation/ testing via scripting/programing (e.g. PowerShell, Python).
· Hands on experience with UNIX or Linux environments.
· Possess strong knowledge of server Operating Systems including deployment, configuration, troubleshooting, and fine tuning OS
· Must have experience with performance monitoring, reporting, and analysis
· One year of working experience with AWS or Azure cloud environment.
· Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operation in the cloud.
· Implement systems that are highly available, scalable and self-healing in the cloud.
· Define and deploy monitoring, metrics and logging systems in the cloud.
· Capabilities to provide best practices guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications, projects or the enterprise.
· Capabilities to provide cloud operations and deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project.
· Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
· Relevant Cloud administration or DevOps experience with AWS or Azure Clouds (EC2, S3, VPC, Lambda)
· Advanced level knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts and protocols, advanced technical knowledge of common network protocols (DNS, HTTP/HTTPS) and network security concepts.
· Excellent understanding of operating systems and application security, administration, and debugging.
· Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving and evaluative skills, an ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identifying issues, formulating options, and making conclusions and recommendations.
· Demonstrated technical proficiency on complex projects and ability to troubleshoot critical issues under pressure.
· Ability to assess risks in line with information security objectives and risk tolerance of the institution. Proven conceptual, analytical and evaluation skills.
· Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
· Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
· Able to present and explain technical information to diverse types of audience (management, users, vendors, and technical staff).
· Experience with VMware and Splunk.
· Team player with strong technical and user support skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
· Programming and Scripting using Python
· Advanced Scripting Experience with AWS Cloud Formation
· One year working experience with AWS or Azure
Sr. Technical Recruiter.
PROFESSIONAL IT SOLUTION
43676 Trade Center PL Ste 235
Dulles, VA 20166-2124.
Please consider the environment and do not print this email unless absolutely necessary. Save Earth!!
This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited, and you are requested to please notify us immediately by telephone, and return the original message to us at the above address.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "US Jobs: Requirements, Clients and Consultants" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/recruiters-r-us.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.