03/28/2017 - 12/31/2018
The Cloud Platform Engineering team delivers the tools and technologies that power Comcast's industry-leading private cloud, and provides solutions to accelerate development of cloud-based products and services. Our services include IaaS (VMWare, Openstack, home-grown automation), PaaS (Cloud Foundry), as well as emerging container and orchestration technologies. Our infrastructure consists of tens of thousands of virtual machines and containers. Our growth rates are exponential and we support thousands of customers. Within the walls of Comcast, we are a direct competitor to the top public cloud providers.
We are seeking a Cloud Architect (Consultant) with a broad technical background and well developed business acumen to help us develop our next generation cloud platforms. Our team is driving innovation and our fingerprint is all over the industry. Come join us!
• Someone senior/architect level who can hit the group running
• STRONG experience with EITHER Cloud foundry AND/OR enterprise container orchestration experience such as Kubernetes.
• Just having AWS cloud exp probably isn't going to work.
• Linux exp
• Open source software exp (writing custom code and putting it together)
• Python or Golang are the primary languages they use and preferred (also use some ruby and powershell)
• Self-starter –define own work with little to no direction
• Participate on a DevOps infrastructure team, develop Comcast's next-gen private cloud platforms- Cloud Foundry, Container as a Service (Docker, Kubernetes, others), Openstack, and VMWare vSphere.
• Create automation, employ open source software, interact with API's, and enable CI/CD to create new cloud features, harvest/visualize metrics, monitor health/performance/capacity, etc.
• Partner with product and development teams to provide education and design consultation.
• Enthusiastic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and proven track record of execution and delivery.
• Experience with Agile methodologies, effective working independently and in a virtual team setting.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to adjust the messaging based on the audience.
Successful candidates for this position should possess broad experience in many of the following areas:
• Cloud building blocks – Data center, compute, storage, network, tools automation.
• Platform design, implementation and operations in Cloud IaaS and PaaS environments (major in Cloud Foundry, Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes minor in VMWare, AWS, Azure).
• Expert level Linux experience, experience with DevOps tooling such as Puppet, Ansible, BOSH, Concourse.
• Software development using Python, Powershell, GoLang
• Innovating with open source software to create production services.
• Understanding of modern data platforms such as MongoDB, InfluxDB, and Hadoop.
• Broad knowledge in systems telemetry and monitoring (Telegraf, Nagios, ELK, Grafana, AppDynamics, Splunk, etc.).
• Understanding of cloud application design principles.
• Experience influencing application modernization and migration to cloud platforms.
Sr. Technical recruiter
Cavalier it Inc.
One Evertrust plaza,
Suite # 1105, jersey city, NJ 07302
Fax : 201.603.1169
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "US Jobs: Requirements, Clients and Consultants" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/recruiters-r-us.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.